The NCCHE (National Center for Computational Hydroscience and Engineering) offers a Short Course to introduce the state of the art computational simulation model, CCHE2D for hydrodynamic and sediment transport modeling in surface waters. This advanced computational simulation software system has been comprehensively verified and validated, and has been successfully applied to solve a large number of real world problems including free surface flows, sediment transport and deposition, erosion of stream bed and banks, bank protection and channel stabilization structural designs, vegetation effects, river restoration, pollutant transport with chemical reaction and fate processes, ecological and environmental impact assessments, etc. The model can be used for scientific research, engineering analyses, design and optimization of a variety of hydro-science and engineering problems of the real-life world. It has been adopted by more and more governmental, academic and private research and engineering institutions, on cooperative or beta-testing basis.
During this one-day Short Course, physical principles, numerical techniques, Graphic User Interface (GUI) and Mesh Generator of CCHE2D shall be introduced. In addition, verification and validation process and application examples shall be presented. Also emphasized is the participants’ hands-on practice experience. Therefore, each participant is required to bring his/her own laptop computer.
Participants of this Short Course shall learn how to simulate river flow and sediment transport of real-life problems in complex natural environment.
All participants successfully passing the Short Course shall receive a certificate issued by NCCHE.
All participants shall obtain a 3 month trial version of the model.
date and time:
Monday, 20 May 2019 09:30-18:00
Institute of Geophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Ksiecia Janusza 64, 01-452 Warsaw, Poland
laptop with Windows 64bit operating system
credits for students: 1 ECTS
minimum number of participants:
- 50 euro/students (please provide a student ID card)
- 100 euro/others
maximum number of participants:
50 (first come first served basis)
registration deadline: 30 April 2019
- The course fee does not cover the accommodation.
- Each participant can have the model with a 6 months free-trial license after completing the course.
- The School fees cover the 3/nights accommodation starting from May, 21. For a list of recommended hotels close to the course venue: https://sh2019.igf.edu.pl/meeting_point
- If you are already registered, you can send an email to email@example.com, writing you would like to participate in the course.
- There is an option to participate in the course only.
- The room is equipped with 230 V electricity (single-phase, two pins, grounded, 16A, Type E and Type F). Power plug converters for different socket types are not provided.